KEY VALUESIn order to accomplish our mission, we at all times strive to address the following values which underpin holistic care.
- Affirming the patient as a unique and valued individual irrespective of race, creed, social or financial status.
- Preserving the quality of life, dignity and independence of the patient.
- Promoting an open and honest relationship with the patient in which confidentiality is respected within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Providing an environment where the patient, family and friends feel accepted and safe.
- Affirming the importance of the patient’s family and friends and supporting and counseling them in order to cope during the patient’s illness and during bereavement.
- Affirming life and regarding dying as a normal process and neither hastening nor postponing death.
- Providing relief from pain and other distressing symptoms.
- Meeting the psychological, social and spiritual needs of patients and their carers.
- Working as a multi-disciplinary team where each member is valued as an integral part in achieving our values and beliefs.
- Using resources efficiently in providing the service.
- Respecting and working with all other disciplines and agencies to meet the total needs of patients, families and friends.
- Maintaining an environment of support and encouragement for both staff and volunteers.
- Promoting the principles and practices of Palliative Care to other disciplines in the wider community.
- Educating and training staff and encouraging personal and professional development.
- Advancing the understanding and rational treatment of progressive disease through appropriate research.
Board of Directors: Dr. Sobbie Mulindi Chairman Mr. Paul Spence Vice – Chairman Mr. Philip J. Ransley Hon. Advocate Mr. R. Mugo wa Karanja Hon. Treasurer Mrs. Laelia Anderson MBE Hon. Secretary Prof Joseph Oliech Director Mrs. Millicent Omondi Director Prof. Crispus Kiamba Director Mr. Andrew Hicks Director Mr. Aloysius Wanda Director Dr. Basil King Director Mrs. Ruth Kigundu Director Dr. Esther Munyoro Rep. Director KNH Mr.Asad Ahmed Director
Nairobi Hospice Dr. Brigid Sirengo Dr. Donald Aboge Ms. Catherine Wanjiku OGW,HonDUniv Medical Officer Finance/Administration Officer Chief Executive Officer Ms. Catherine A. Ajuoga Ms. Jescah W. Ng’ang’a Ms. Alice Bacia Senior Nursing Officer Nursing Officer/Training Coordinator PR/Fundraising Officer Mr. Kiprotich Lang’at Ms. Margaret Achach Ms. Lynette Kitui ICT Officer/Librarian Secretary/Receptionist Social Worker