In order to accomplish our mission, we at all times strive to address the following values which underpin holistic care.
VISION AND MISSION
- Affirming the patient as a unique and valued individual irrespective of race, creed, social or financial status.
- Preserving the quality of life, dignity and independence of the patient.
- Promoting an open and honest relationship with the patient in which confidentiality is respected within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Providing an environment where the patient, family and friends feel accepted and safe.
- Affirming the importance of the patient’s family and friends and supporting and counseling them in order to cope during the patient’s illness and during bereavement.
- Affirming life and regarding dying as a normal process and neither hastening nor postponing death.
- Providing relief from pain and other distressing symptoms.
- Meeting the psychological, social and spiritual needs of patients and their carers.
- Working as a multi-disciplinary team where each member is valued as an integral part in achieving our values and beliefs.
- Using resources efficiently in providing the service.
- Respecting and working with all other disciplines and agencies to meet the total needs of patients, families and friends.
- Maintaining an environment of support and encouragement for both staff and volunteers.
- Promoting the principles and practices of Palliative Care to other disciplines in the wider community.
- Educating and training staff and encouraging personal and professional development.
- Advancing the understanding and rational treatment of progressive disease through appropriate research.
To be the leading institution in holistic palliative care service, education and research in Kenya and Internationally.
To alleviate the suffering of patients with life limiting illnesses and their families, through commitment to cost-effective and accessible holistic palliative care service, education and advocacy.