TRAINING AND RESEARCH COORDINATOR
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating training programs, conducting research activities,
and fostering innovation in palliative care education. The Coordinator will work closely with faculty, students,
and external partners to ensure the continued growth and excellence of the Palliative Care program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that will lead to effective management of the
- Develop, implement, and manage training programs and workshops that will promote access to quality
Palliative Care courses to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with faculty to create curriculum materials, lesson plans, and training resources.
- Monitor and gather feedback on training needs, and program effectiveness and make continuous
improvements to ensure relevance and appropriate training programs
- Teach and facilitate learning at Certificate, Higher Diploma, and Postgraduate levels.
- Collaborate with faculty and students on research projects and education, providing guidance and
- Develop and apply creative teaching methodologies, appropriate learning techniques and
technologies to enhance the learning experience both face-to-face and online learning.
- Explore and build partnerships with external organizations and experts to introduce new educational
approaches and innovation in Palliative Care
- Maintain accurate records of training programs, research projects, and innovation initiatives.
- Coordinate the selection, and recruitment of students to ensure the growth of students enrolled in the
- Assist students in identifying research opportunities and projects.
- Monitor and maintain records of student performance and ensure high standards and performance
- Prepare reports and documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage staff development and performance to ensure an engaged and high-performing staff
- Engage relevant stakeholders (E.g., Palliative care professionals, organizations, and institutions) to
strengthen collaboration with the Hospice.
- Assist in grant writing and fundraising efforts to support research and educational activities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Diploma in Nursing / Palliative Care
- Master’s Degree in a Health-related field (Palliative Care will be an added advantage)
- Must be registered with the relevant professional regulatory body
- 5 years working experience; with at least 3 years ‘experience in providing education and training
preferably in palliative care.
- Experience in grant writing and securing research funding.
- Curriculum Development skills
- Teaching and Facilitation skills
- IT and e-learning skills
- Proficiency in data analysis and research tools/software.
- Proposal writing skills
- Stay updated on the latest developments and trends in palliative care research.
- Strong Leadership skills with a proven record of having managed high-performing teams
- Innovative mindset and a passion for advancing palliative care education
- Strong communication skills
- Coaching and Mentorship Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that include relationship building and networking.
If you are the ideal candidate that we are looking for, send us your application and Curriculum Vitae
through email; firstname.lastname@example.org; To reach us on or before Monday 15th October, 2023 by